Nothing is truly as wild and raw as Northern Kenya, home to the Maasai, Sumburu and Rendille people and some of the most unique wildlife in East Africa.
RAW Africa Ecotour's will take you on a journey connecting you with people, wildlife and communities.
See yourself lying in bed listening to the sounds of an African night, the call of the hyena or the Grevy's Zebra or possibly elephants grazing close to camp. Be captivated by an African sunset over beautiful landscapes with not another soul in sight. Sit around camp fires on a local river bed under an African night sky, enjoy traditionally prepared meals, as you experience the magic of meeting local communities and observing contemporary manyatta (village) life, Climb into the treetops to be among the birds in Kenya's only treetop canopy walk. Swim in the crystal clear pools of one of Kenya's few remaining Cedar forests. Conclude you journey in the north, at Il Ngwesi Lodge, relaxing beside a pool set into the cliffs of one of the Laikipa District's most beautiful valleys, at the only community-operated lode in Africa.
What you will experience
Visit the Daphne Sheldrake Elephant Wildlife Orphanage.
- Game drive through Ol Pejeta Conservancy - home to Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary and the Northern White Rhino and meet a black Rhino!
- Visit the William Holden Wildlife Orphanage - dedicated to caring for and reintroducing native wildlife back into the national park.
- Lewa Downs Game Drive - Keep an eye out for the Cheetah!
- Spend two days at the award winning Il Ngwesi lodge, where you will stay in open air rooms overlooking the spectacular valley and water holes where elephant, antelope and monkeys regularly come to drink. Relax by the pool and enjoy a free day to take in your incredible journey.
- Visit the Maasai on a cultural visit to Manyatta (traditional village).
The Conservation Levy from this adventure will assist the Il Ngwesi’s Community Ecotourism Traineeship Program.
- All transfers, transport, activities, accommodation and meals as per itinerary.
- All tips/gratuities except for RAW Africa staff.
Discover more of Africa! Top Tour Extensions:
Best Time of Year to Travel
Level 1: Easy - Immerse!
If your fitness is average, this is the level for you, especially if you just want to relax and participate in activities that are not too strenuous. The activities are optional, and some of them involve trekking in various terrains for 0.5 to 1 kilometre at a time. All you need for this level is good health and a sense of adventure.
Best Time of Year to Travel
Signature Encounters are unique, enchanting, private, and small-group focused. Our wildlife guides are highly skilled and knowledgeable and include real-life encounters in the itinerary, providing you with the finest travel experiences possible.
Note that the advertised dates for Signature Encounters cannot be changed.